Hi all! Still not dead yet, despite the lack of updates. This time, though, the lack of updates has nothing to do with lethargy, laziness, or writer’s block, and everything to do with productivity. I have been editing Divinity, and getting read for the Muse Online Writer’s Conference. I’ve been critiquing and writing short stories (more the former than the latter), and I’ve been doing some drawing here and there. On top of that, and probably more important, I now have a day job working for the state government. So it’s been a bit of a busy time here that left the website and the comic in the dust. I’ve written out the next story arc, and planned the next comic, so hopefully, I should be ready and updating soon. Never count on it though – that’s why we have Twitter and Facebook and Deviantart and Dreamwidth, Livejournal, and Insanejournal to let you know when I update – so you don’t have to worry about missing one.
But since I’m still working on the next comic, here’s a sketch I drew during some free time at work.
Oh, I’ve also discovered that this site looks like crap in IE 6. Even if you must use Microsoft, updates can be a good thing, people! Please!
Also…….. I’ve been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award by the wonderful Jan Verhoeff! Thank you, Jan!
But. There are a few rules to the nominations.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
So, without further ado……
7 Things About Me:
- I seem to be one of the few people I know that really hates the rain. Every once in a while, I can identify it, but it makes me feel cold, tired, and a bit dead inside. Give me my sun any day.
- I have a tendency to take on way too many tasks. But, it does keep life from being boring.
- I live with a cat. Her name is Cleopatra (or Patra for short), she’s almost a year and a half old and still very cute and cuddly. Even when she really doesn’t want to be cuddled.
- I love to read, write, dance, sing, act, watch movies, and play RPGS – pretty much anything to do with fine arts and entertainment (except sports). I’ve recently been sucked into Dungeons and Dragons Online, but I’m trying not to let it affect my work any more than I already have.
- While I’m not a huge fan of staying in costume for several hours, dressing up as someone/thing else is one of the most fun things to do in life. This makes Halloween the greatest holiday ever (candy doesn’t hurt, either, though.).
- I have one novel at the editing stage, two more in the writing stage, and one or two more in the not-so-developed-idea-that-I-can-really-write-anything-on-it stage. I also have about 20 pieces of artwork in various similar stages.
- Last but not least…I am more comfortable sprawled on the ground a lot of the time than sitting in a chair. Go figure.
And now, the other moment you’ve all been waiting for…..I nominate (in no particular order):
- Libri Touches – book (and sometimes other things) reviews from a dear friend and writer
- Query Shark – one of the most dreaded processes for writers is the writing and sending of a query letter – you need a good one to get through to most publishers and agents. Well, this blog may either make you dread it more or less, but you’ll learn from it, and have fun reading along the way!
- Yumsugar – Well, this blog has very little to do with writing, and everything to do with foodie news! Recipes, quizzes, and fun information – and there are lots of other parts to the site, if you’re interested in those!
- Evil Editor – a lot of the creativity here comes from several different people – EE’s notable minions. But the Evil Editor is in charge – read as his minions go about their tasks, all in the name of becoming better writers
- Limyaael – If you write fantasy, read this. Limyaael takes gives her opinion on different aspects of fantasy, and even storytelling in general. Not only are her “rants” thought-provoking, but there’s a lot of great information in the comments, too.
- Artcat’s blog – rather new blog – Artcat shares her art (you can even buy it!),and a bit about life.
- Sluggy Freelance – well, I don’t know if the comic itself counts as a blog, but there is a blog attached, I believe, so I’ll round out my nominations here. Sluggy Freelance was the first webcomic I ever started reading regularly, and the one that introduced me into the world of webcomics. So, in a way, it’s one of the reasons I’m here. Thanks, Pete!
So… while you’re waiting for me to update, check out some of these other folks! Seriously, go. Have fun. Stay out late or whatever.___________________________________________________________